Re: Good stock answers (was Re: N810 Now Resets Very Frequently)

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 22:07 +0300, ext Kalle Valo wrote:

> Now that I'm categorised as a bad boy, hehe, I have to improve my
> public image and do my share on the WLAN part ;)

Since I have no public image left to defend, instead I'll take the
chance to point to something that is part of our internal bugzilla and
seems to be missing from the public one.

When one is creating a new bug, he is automatically presented with the
following template.

SOFTWARE VERSION:
(Control Panel > Device > About product)

HARDWARE VERSION:

PRECONDITIONS:
(devices/models involved, environment, settings, external servers/URLs
if applicable, media files used, network connection: phone/WLAN)

STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
(explain in detail what you do (e.g. tap on 'OK') and what you see/hear
(message 'Connection failed' appears and a beep can be heard)
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

FREQUENCY OF OCCURRENCE:
(always, less than 1/10, 5/10, 9/10)

I don't know if anybody remembers about it but that's something I
insisted that it would become part of the bug filing process, after
being bothered constantly by lousy bug reports written on the same lines
of the email that started all this thread.

This was happening 3 to 4 years ago.

After some random sampling of bugs present in the external bugzilla, I
don't see such template being used in the bug creation.

Why?

--

Cheers, Igor

---

Igor Stoppa
Maemo Software - Nokia Devices R&D - Helsinki