Re: N810 Now Resets Very Frequently

"ext Mark" <wolfmane@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Igor Stoppa <igor.stoppa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
>>

> This is not helpful and in fact is inflammatory.

I have no clue what inflammatory means (and I'm too lazy to find out),
but the link Igor provided was helpful. I recommend you to calm down
and just read it. Or better yet, read it twice.

I'll definitely start using this link in bad bug reports. Igor, this
is just what I have needed, grazie!

> When one has a problem with a device it is helpful to find out if
> others are having the same problem, and may have already solved it.
> If so, great. If no one else is having the same problem, then it's
> probably an installed app rather than the OS. Then one can start
> narrowing down suspects as to the cause. People have to start
> somewhere, and why should they duplicate efforts that others have
> already made, or go to great lengths to fix something that is
> impossible because it's a bug in the OS?

So basically you want others do all the work for you? It doesn't work
that way. Try to show that you have tried to do something to solve the
problem, for example by writing as much as info as possible. That way
people might be a bit more motivated to answer.

> RTFM is *never* an acceptable response.

That's the best way to learn and educate yourself, and in the end you
get better results. But if you insist doing everything your way, don't
be surprised if people are not willing to help you.

--
Kalle Valo