Re: N810 Now Resets Very Frequently

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Dave Neary <dneary@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you sure you haven't misinterpreted Mark here?
>
> It seems to me like the original question was "Is this happening to
> anyone else?" which is a reasonable question to ask on a users list.
> Asking him to search Bugzilla and/or read a FAQ for Diablo might have
> been good answers, as would be "First I've heard of it - looks like
> you'll have to dig deeper", which is probably what I'd've said.

That was, in fact, my point.

But some people don't seem to think that it's a reasonable question.
These people generally feel that "I had to learn this the hard way, so
you should too"...

I had the opposite problem recently, stemming from the same kind of
question. I wanted to know if others were having the same problem I've
had in refreshing the application list in App Manager. All I wanted
was a "yes" or "no", but received pointers to troubleshoot the
problem. Don't get me wrong; I appreciate the consideration and would
*much* rather have that problem than have people telling me to RTFM,
but I had already done most of the things that were suggested and
wanted to know 1) if I was the only one who had noticed the issue and
2) if there was a patch, trick or some other permanent fix rather than
workarounds.

As someone who *does* put some serious effort into doing my own
troubleshooting before asking for help, it is highly irritating to be
told to RTFM when I've already done it and didn't find any help.

Mark