Re: Maemo mapper : 2 questions

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 09:20 -0600, Mark wrote:> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:58 AM, COURTAUD Didier <didier.courtaud@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have just installed Maemo Mapper , make it work with the internal> > GPS of my N810 ( thanks to > morpheuz ) and configure to display> > French messages and ... I love it !> >> > But I have two questions about it :> >> > 1 - The maps I have downloaded have been stored on the main memory of> >     the N 810> >> >     I have not seen how to tell Maemo Mapper to install them on the> >     memory card of the tablet> >> >     Is it however possible ?> > Go to Maps->Manage Repositories...->Cache DB field. You can specify> any location to store the maps. You can either type the location> directly into the field or "Browse..." to where you want them to be> stored. IIRC you'll have to do this for each repository that you've> enabled.
True -- unfortunately, there is no way to just move the entire data dirsomewhere else. As a result you can't get rid of the default diraltogether, since the POI file will be recreated. AFAIK there is no wayto move it. However, by moving the maps db files, you can keep the bulkof the data at a saner place.
Also, it doesn't actually move the existing db files, when changingtheir path. If you want to retain your already downloaded maps: Changethe location as described above for each actually used Map Repository.Then close Mapper, and move the db files to the new location. On nextstart, Mapper will use these without the need of downloading them again.

-- Karsten Bräckelmann  -- maemo.org bugmaster
_______________________________________________maemo-users mailing listmaemo-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users