Re: N810 Now Resets Very Frequently

"ext Dave Neary" <dneary@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Kalle,

Hello Dave,

>>> When one has a problem with a device it is helpful to find out if
>>> others are having the same problem, and may have already solved it.
>
> <snip>
>
>> So basically you want others do all the work for you? It doesn't work
>> that way. Try to show that you have tried to do something to solve the
>> problem, for example by writing as much as info as possible. That way
>> people might be a bit more motivated to answer.
>
> Are you sure you haven't misinterpreted Mark here?

No idea. Maybe, wouldn't be the first :)

> It seems to me like the original question was "Is this happening to
> anyone else?" which is a reasonable question to ask on a users list.

Still I think the original poster should do more than just say that
"my device reboots". He should explain what version he is using, did
he install any applications, what kind of network environment he has
etc. It would take only 10 minutes of his time but it would have
helped a lot.

> Asking him to search Bugzilla and/or read a FAQ for Diablo might
> have been good answers, as would be "First I've heard of it - looks
> like you'll have to dig deeper", which is probably what I'd've said.

[...]

> That is: there's a difference between being nice and not nice, or
> welcoming and unwelcoming.

You have a point, of course. Usually if someone is nice to me, I'm
nice to him as well. But Igor gave a good link to the original poster
and all he got back was flaming. Well, that wasn't nice. Original
poster spent one minute writing the email, Igor spent a second with
the reply. Had the original poster spent 10 minutes writing the email,
Igor might have very well spent a minute writing a (better) answer.

What I'm trying to say here is that there's a correlation how much
time you spend on solving the problem and how good answers you get.

--
Kalle Valo