Re: writing HTML for tablets

Just some links...

To get browser capabilities, you can use WURFL[1], and there are some
API very interesting. If Nokia tablets aren't included in the
database, you can add them easily.

Some recommendations about how to write web pages for mobile devices
can be found in W3C Mobile Initiative[2].

Best regards,

[1] http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.w3.org/mobile

2008/4/13, hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 12:56:52AM +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
> > Carlos Pinto wrote:
> > > Well, i know that most of you hate Flash, but flash does fit to the
> > > proper page, even it scales
> > > the vector-fonts as long as they are embedded.
> > > But as mentioned: most of the *nix users hate Flash, so i assume that
> > > this example is not allowed to mention *grin*
> >
> > The problem with Flash is not the technology but what it is abused for:
> > most Flash sites are simply marketing dross. Where it has a valid
> > application, such as video chat, it is unfortunately so resource-hungry
> > that while it does execute on my N800, it's so slow that a click takes
> > 3-4 mins to be responded to. That will improve as clock rates improve.
>
> The other problem with Flash is the NDA that you have to sign to get
> access to the spec.  In particular, you have to agree not to develop a
> Flash interpreter.  The Flash interpreter everyone uses is closed
> source, not avaliable on every platform, and has bugs that have been
> exploited by email viruses.
>
> -- hendrik

J. Manrique López de la Fuente
http://www.jsmanrique.es