Re: writing HTML for tablets

die 12/04/08, ad 19h20, Andrew Daviel <advax@xxxxxxxxx> dixit :
> The Nokia tablets are 800x480, and I can't see pocket PC displays getting
> much bigger than 1000x500. If they were physically larger, they would not
> fit in a pocket, and if the pixels were smaller you would need reading
> glasses (I already need 3 diopter glasses; I only need 1.0 for a PC
> screen or paperbacks in good light...).

You have the feeling your eyes cannot see a higher resolution but
you are wrong (*). For usual text I agree low resolution is ok however
if you read a PDF or any antialiasing text, if you look at a movie,
you will appreciate to have a better resolution. Think that 300dpi
printers have been replaced by 600dpi ones when most screen are
less than 100dpi. I have a 1600x1200 15" screen and before I had
a 1400x1050 for the same size. I do appreciate the difference
and since my computer is quite old, I look for higher resolution.

The only limit I can see is the size of the text in mm (or inches)
which is quite different since you always can increase the size
of the font if your resolution increase.

Olivier.

(*) I hope for you. What I mean is that even if you don't see
pixels, you can feel a higher resolution, it's sharper, nicer.
There must be a limit but I don't think we get it.