Re: writing HTML for tablets

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 08:52:33PM +0200, Olivier Ricou wrote:
> die 12/04/08, ad 20h01, hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit :
> > The big problem is that a lot os servers ignore the user's settings, so
> > they specify the sizes of text boxes explicitly in pixels based on their
> > specified font sizes, regardless of the browser's minimum font size.
>
> Strange, I don't see how the web pages can force the browser to reduce
> font size below the minimum. The browser should be able to do what
> it wants. If not, there is a bug.

The don't reduce the font size below the user's minimum.  They put the
text inside a text box that's specified as a fixed number of pizels high
and wide, so that if you ise a larger font the last half of the text
either is chopped off, or is unreadably superimposed on the next text
box below it.

Don't get me started on sites that overide foreground colours without
also overriding background.

-- hendrik