Nokia N810 PIM

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 01:32:44PM +0930, Peter Hickey wrote:
> If there is anyone out there who also has a palm background who is now
> using a N810 I would love to chat. Maybe even a Skype call or two.

I've come to an N800 (I seriously considered an N810, but ultimately
decided I preferred the larger memory capacity and non-fixed camera on
the N800) from a background of a Palm IIIx which was finally replaced by
a Tungsten C.  I've only had the N800 for about two weeks so far, but
I'm definitely liking it overall as an upgrade.

The one PIM bit that I'm missing (and still has me occasionally using my
Tungsten) is a match for Palm's todo app.  Checklist-type memos in
Maemopad+ is the best I've come up with so far, but (AFAIK) it still
lacks the ability to reorder the list or to delete all checked items[1].
The necessity to manually save changes instead of actions being
immediately persistent by default also feels like a step backwards from
the Palm todo app.

I have also tried gpe-todo, but it seems to be much more intended as a
serious project management tool rather than the simplified checklist
that I'm looking for.  (e.g., One of my major uses for the Palm todo app
is keeping track of my grocery list.  Either I have bought milk or I
haven't; moving it from "Not Started" to "In Progress" to "Completed"
seems a bit silly.  Not to mention that gpe-todo's checkboxes are too
small to easily hit with a fingernail (so I'm not constantly digging out
a stylus while walking through the store)...)

[1]  There is a 'delete all selected items', but that still requires you
to manually select the checked items (introducing the possibility of
errors in selection) and, if the checked items don't form a single
contiguous group, you have to separately select/delete each group,
unless there's a way to select multiple disjoint items which I haven't
discovered yet.

--
News aggregation meets world domination.  Can you see the fnews?
http://seethefnews.com/