OS2008 Damn ugly!!!

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 21:59 -0300, ext Alfredo J. Fabretti wrote:
> Designers need constructive criticism, comments like the original post
> only hurts their feelings.

It's not that much about feelings really - we develop a pretty thick
skin sooner than later :-) Anyhow, constructive criticism is of course
useful.

It's a lot more about practical thinking: resources are limited (even in
a large corporation - time being one of the more scarce resources
usually) and it makes sense to focus on certain scenarios and try to
cover them well, rather than trying to do everything at once. Then you
test it and see if it works, and if not, you repeat until it does, given
the timeframe you have. It's not like we wear a beret and moustache and
sip red wine* to come up with "The Design" and reveal it to the
programmers from under a red velvet cloth in a ceremony.. But you
probably knew that already ;)

This results in a product that cannot please everyone, but hopefully
does work for the target group. The challenge of course is to aim at the
correct target in the first place, but this is getting way offtopic
already ;^)

Have a good 2008 everyone, and thanks for all the good feedback on the
new OS release! :)

//Tuomas

(* I have nothing against moustaches, red wine or berets :)