OS2008 Damn ugly!!!

Alfredo J. Fabretti wrote:
> Why are we discussing about this issue? There's no doubt that the
> original author was a trolling. We all know that the new OS2008 looks
> better than previous releases thanks to the alpha and composite
> details.

No we don't. *I* don't because I haven't seen an N810 yet, and am not
likely to unless they go on sale here. I've only just settled down to
like my N800 using OS2007, and I read all kinds of unpleasant things
about OS2008 being experimental on the N800, so I'm not likely to change
yet.

But I *am* interested in others' comments, even angry ones, because they
help me decide if I want to buy one, or go for something else.

> Please, what is the basis of the complain? Saying that something is
> "ugly" is subjective and doesn't help to make things better. A link to
> a screenshot of what you think is ugly is a good start to explain
> yourself.

It doesn't matter if it's subjective. It was a visceral complaint, and
(as I understand it) based on the shock of finding an interface which
was *too* different from the previous one -- an error often made by
Marketing people who have insufficient understanding of user interface
design.

I agree the original post should have been less inflammatory, but I
think it was very valuable nevertheless. Particularly if it helps make
the designers think harder next time.

///Peter