WPA difficulties

technut wrote:
> One last thought... when you imported that cert, did you import it to
> the User or the Authorities section?  Should be Authorities.

Yes, it went into Authorities.

> technut wrote:
>> Sorry, I can only tell you what worked for me.
>> a) The only way I know of to be sure which CA root cert to Trust is by
>> asking your system guys which cert vendor is providing the cert for
>> the Radius server.  In your case if they are acting as their own CA,
>> then their root cert needs to imported (as you have done) and then
>> Trusted for WLAN (as you have done).

Should only WLAN be checked, not Mail and Browser also?

>> b) I know there is a checkbox setting in Windows to enable/disable
>> server cert checking on connections... not sure about the others.
>> There doesn't seem to be any equivalent setting on OS2007.

I think this is the problem. My understanding -- possibly faulty -- is
that cert checking is optional, so connection software shouldn't do it
unless specifically asked. As I said, no other computer on campus has
ever asked for or checked the cert: not Mac, not Windows, not Linux,
except the N800. My guess is that this is just a bug -- an oversight in
the procedures. There should be a checkbox for this option alongside the
other one.

>> I don't have any other ideas for you, sorry.   As you know, it will
>> still connect if you click the OK on the warning message before the
>> connection times out.

Yes, actually connecting works OK that way. Thanks for the help.

///Peter