Remote PC access via tablet browser

Yes, but that's by using default port 5900 and the maemo VNC Viewer
available here:
http://vncviewer.garage.maemo.org/
That works fine.

But Clarence's suggestion was to use http access from a web browser.
That uses port 5800 to download a Java client to the browser.

However, the tablets don't have proper Java support yet, so
unfortunately Clarence's suggestion won't work.