The MMC issues (was: 4.2007.38-2 available)

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 10:15 +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> The issue was not about SDHC compatibility but power management.
> There were several 2GB Sandisk Ultra II cards that had been damaged.
>
> If you use only the pre-installed/supported Nokia software you're
> very unlikely to trigger the issue, but e.g. with Maemo mapper
> that's much more likely.

This is exactly what happened to me with a 2GB MMC-RS on my 770 with the
hacker edition after I bought it a month ago: downloading many maps with
Maemo Mapper sooner or later caused file system corruption. Reading was
luckily more stable, so I reformatted on my desktop and filled the card
there before going on a vacation with it.

I have seen quite a few mails about this issue and read the Bugzilla
entry, but as far as I can tell no one has mentioned this problem in
combination with a 770. Am I the only one seeing it there? Now that the
reason is known, is it possible that it also affects the kernel used for
the 770? Should I create a new bug report for it in the HE tracker (as
this is what I use)?

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de