4.2007.38-2 available

Brad Midgley wrote:
> Fred
>

>> What I'm not understanding is the big rush to update for a few minor
>> fixes, especially if there's the known potential of extra user overhead
>> getting the update and apps all sorted out.   If it aint broke, ...
>>
> but 4.2007.38 does fix a situation that can brick an sdhc card.
>
> Brad

Fine, if you've got a SDHC card that bricks your unit, there's a couple
fixes to consider.

If you don't want to spend the time messing with your OS, or are looking
to buy a SDHC card and don't want to have to worry about OS /card
compatibility issues, buy a Sandisk 4G SDHC card, transfer your stuff to
it and get back to doing something productive.  If time=money to you,
that may be the way to go (sale price around the US is around $50).
The Sandisk 4G SDHC card works fine in my N800.

 Fine print, I'm not sure what n800 OS I've currently got -- it came out
in early August.

Also, if you're thinking of moving an bricking SDHC card into your
camera and getting one that works for your n800, SDHC cards don't work
in many digital cameras older than this current year,...

--

Always, Dr Fred C
drfredc at drfredc.com