my two big fustrations with the N800

Alan Williamson wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>
>> I have no use for those who insist we shouldn't ask for things because
>> it's an "internet tablet".
>> The N800 is a very capable device that could do a lot more if certain
>> people would just get over that "internet tablet" speed bump.
>>

> Well said that man!
>
> I for one, would like to see the N800 get proper celluar phone
> capabilities....

In "theory" as much as I'd like to have cellular connectivity with my
N800...in "practice" all you'd be able to do is make phone calls. This
may be enuff for some.

Most carrier's terms of service (except Sprint...but they have 0% cust
support) prohibit anything other than fetch of html and email. Any usage
of voip and they can (per contract) can you with you paying all fees.

N800 browser is more advanced than PIE (on WM) I believe and would make
it easier to stream from certain web sites...this is why PIE has been
crippled all these years and reason Cingular strippped front video
camera from 8525 and why iPhone has no 3g....the 3g networks aren't
ready (that we've been hearing about for past 5+ years!).

mike