[maemo-users] Re: Battery Benchmarking?

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 13:35 +0100, ext Nicola Larosa wrote:

> I do appreciate your post about kernel timers, polling, and app developer
> responsibilities, and heartily hope you're being sarcastic here. Put
> another way, who gives a [____] about the fashion of the day?

Look at it this way: Nokia will provide to hopefully gazillions of happy
customers a linux based device which meets their needs and to thousands
of geeks the opportunity to customise it to fit their needs as well.

What's the catch? Try selling only few units and have fun seeing the
price skyrocket. So mass marketing of fashionable (yes, very fancy and
trendy) devices makes the price deflate for your average geek.

Personally I think that we (as the part of Nokia that takes care of the
design of the device in its base components) should just worry about not
putting constraints in front of hackers when creating products.

Then whoever doesn't feel satisfied with what we provide can have a go
with his own implementation.

> > Yes, we gave up the shrink division and hired more developers :-D
> > No, unfortunately that's only my wild dream.
>
> Good thing the programmers are *not* running the asylum. ;-P

No, somebody has to provide a reason to keep it open.

--
Cheers, Igor

Igor Stoppa <igor.stoppa at nokia.com>
(Nokia M - OSSO /Helsinki Finland)