[maemo-users] usb-storage.ko for the Nokia

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Igor Stoppa did have cause to say:

> to make it simple, even if it can act as master, it requires to be
> powered, like a gadget.
> So you need "something" like a modified or special hub (somebody posted
> a couple of monts ago about a german webshop selling this sort of hub)
> that can feed power to both sides.
> Therefore, unless your HD can act as a power source (unlikely, imho, but
> check its specs) you still need that sort of hub.

Alternately, I built something like this with about $5 worth of parts (plus
a 9V battery):
http://thoughtfix.blogspot.com/2006/01/usb-power-injector-2.html

Added a switch and LED, threw it in (of course) an altoids tin. (Gotta redo
part of it and get a better switch, the one I got is unnecessarily ugly and
in the way. Seemed like a nice retro sort of design at ratshack, not so much
when I got it home.)