[maemo-users] usb-storage.ko for the Nokia

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 14:09 +0200, ext Marc McGuinness wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I tried to follow this thread, but I'm not sure, if I fully understood
> everything.
>
> - Does this mean, I can connect and use my self powered 400GB hard drive
> on my 770?
>
> - Does it also mean, I can use my USB stick on my 770? Would I need a
> powered USB hub for this purpose?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marc

Hi,
to make it simple, even if it can act as master, it requires to be
powered, like a gadget.
So you need "something" like a modified or special hub (somebody posted
a couple of monts ago about a german webshop selling this sort of hub)
that can feed power to both sides.
Therefore, unless your HD can act as a power source (unlikely, imho, but
check its specs) you still need that sort of hub.

Cheers,
           Igor

Igor Stoppa (Nokia M - OSSO / Tampere)