[maemo-users] usb-storage.ko for the Nokia

On 4/11/06, Bob Lees <bob at diamond.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I would echo David's original question, is there any reason why the OTG mode
> could not be used to switch from master to slave mode, driven from a command
> or voltage sensing on the 770.  After all as has been noted elsewhere the 770
> needs 5volts supply fed to it when in master mode so something in the 770 is
> already sensing this.
>
> Or put another way why do we have to use flasher to switch USB modes?

  Actually the flasher will force USB host mode all the time, but it's
not necessary.  Obviously USB slave mode is the default, but it's a
matter of a single command to make it switch to host mode (until the
next reboot).  I created a script that runs every reboot to switch it
into host mode, as it's easier to edit the script on the fly than
reflash when I need slave mode.  As I believe has been mentioned
elsewhere, you run the command "echo host
>/sys/devices/platform/tahvo-usb/otg_mode" (as root) in the terminal
or a shell script to switch to host mode.  Maybe it will make it into
the BT keyboard plugin someday, since everything else seems to be
relocating there :-)

Larry