[maemo-users] Re: New software version with VOIP built in - Soon

On 2/19/06, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder wether this update will cost money and what it'll fix / enhance.

Me2.  I hope it does address some of the problems that stop me
recommending this potentially /brilliant/ devce to non-techies.

> If the following points are fullfilled I would even pay a small amount
> of money for it:

I *seriously* disagree with that sentiment.  Great though the device
is, we're all effectively beta-testing the software at present.  The
regular (but not too /frequent/) reboots attest to that.

> * Much higher graphic performance
Should come as standard.

> * Ogg support in audioplayer
Should come as standard.

> * J2ME runtime
Hmm. Don't know about this.  Could be implemented as an additional
download for the more advanced consumer, perhaps.

Cheers,
Jonathan

--
Don't anthropomorphize computers. They don't like it.