[maemo-users] New software version with VOIP built in - Soon

> Hi All,
>         I am not sure if this is really news, but in case you haven't heard
> :
>
>         I just came back from 3GSM in Barcelona, where - at the Nokia stand
> - I met a cute N770 product manager girl who's name I forgot, and she told
> me that very _soon_ a new software version with VoIP client will be
> released.
>
>         She told me this after I asked about the small hole next to the
> power plug, and she confirmed this is indeed a mic?
>
>         I wanted to get some more info - but she was than "kidnapped" by
> some people who ordered an organized tour at the stand - and were probably
> more important than I was ;)
>
>         So - VoIP is closer than (at least I) thought...

Yes, but from the original launch we all know that a Q1 release could
probably mean a Q2 release just like the Q3 release of the original
device was moved back to Q4!

One thing I'd like to know is if the IT2006 release is based on maemo
1.1 or is it going to be a later release 1.2 (or what ever its going
to be called). I'm interesting in what versions of the libraries
they're going to be using for it. In particular whether it'll be based
on a later version of gstreamer and dbus or the current version.

Pete