[maemo-users] Linksys WRTG54GL + Nokia 770 connection lost

On 2/19/06, Adilson Oliveira <adilson at linuxembarcado.com.br> wrote:

> Primorec escreveu:
>
> > Upgrading the 770 firmware did NOT make any difference
>
> I don't know if this can help but I do have exactly the same router here
> and works flawlessly with the 770. The only thing that might be
> different from  your setup is that I'm not using the original Linksys
> firmware but the alternative ones OpenWtr and dd-wrt. I don't know if
> makes any difference but the change of firmware worth the change by
> itself.

Yes, I know...   this thread
http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-users/2006-January/000566.html
 http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-users/2006-January/000569.html
describes very similar problem with similar solution like your proposal.
The router in this case is Linksys  GS model (not GL)

Is the setup interface for OpenWrt (dd-wrt) similar to the original Linksys
firmware ?
I mean, is there a browser based setup interface ?
In other words, is the setup interface OS independent ?

Do you have handy instruction (or , perhaps a URL)  for HOWTO reflash
Linksys WRTG54GL
and remain sane ( aka a working WiFi router )

Thanks for the hint

Igor
--
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.