[maemo-users] Linksys WRTG54GL + Nokia 770 connection lost

Hi,

One month ago I've received my tablet and 10 days ago I've received Linksys
WRTG54GL router. Yesssss, this is a Linux based router.
For the last 10 days I am trying to establish reliable wireless connection
between the tablet and the router to no avail.
The tablet looses the connection with the router every few  minutes (or even
less).
So, browsing the net is not very pleasant experience.
Or is such a behavior a 'feature' (aka saving power for the TX/RX subsystem
after minute of no activity)
If it IS the feature, then I would like to know how to disable it. I am
willing to sacrifice battery life for
smoother web browsing.

It does not matter if I am very close to the AP or far away from it.

I've found two workarounds for my problem:

A) workaround ONE
==============
By  selecting automatic connection the problem goes partially away
Control Panel ==> Connectivity ==> Connections ==> check 'Use without
asking'
Result is somehow acceptable. Every few minutes I have to wait a little bit
longer
to get the web page I clicked on. 770 is reconnecting in the background.

B) workaround TWO
===============
Starting Internet Radio (AccuRadio HitKast)
Having Internet radio up and running all the time, WEB browsing is a
PLEASANT experience.
NO more 'Connection lost' messages

Is there a better way to solve this problem ?

Any hint/trick/advice/solution is more than welcome.

770's firmware version 2.2005.45-7

TIA

Igor

P.S.:
When I connect the tablet to my NOT LOCKED neighbourhood AP,  the 770 works
a lot better.
It gets disconnected only  when the signal is very weak. I do not know which
router model my
neighbours have.

--
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.