Unable to connect to CLEAR Boston under Fedora 14 i686

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 09:38 -0500, Ward, David - 0663 - MITLL wrote:
> On 09/02/11 01:30, Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 22:40 -0800, Kyle Williams wrote:
> > > I'm just throwing in my 2 cents here.
> > >

> > > I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 server with the latest 1.5.1 driver and all
> > the
> > > latest tools.
> > > I could not get a connection in Dallas, TX (last week), and after
> > > coming home to Portland, OR it worked just fine.  Nothing changed
> > on
> > > my box.
> > >

> > > So I'm also at the belief that something is very specific to the
> > > market.  If we could find out what exactly (I believe it's an Auth
> > > issue of some type) that would be great.
> > >

> > > I'll be in NY on Monday-Friday, so I'll be testing this while I'm
> > > there and will have more results.
> >
> > So far I've had success in both Minneapolis and Philadelphia, but
> > failure in Boston.  Windows worked fine in Boston.  I sent logs to
> > Inaky, but unfortunately the logs we can get from wimaxd don't have
> > the
> > right detail to diagnose the issue, and I wasn't around Boston long
> > enough to dig further with him.
> >

> I can obtain logs in Boston, if I can find out what you need...  it
> worked in Atlanta so my setup is fine.  My signal strength is
> "Excellent" in Porter Square.  Just let me know.

It was more of an issue of some tools that aren't available except under
NDA, and since RH and Intel have existing NDAs in place for other stuff,
I was covered and thus could use the tools.  But I didn't find that out
until too late...  Might be able to enhance the existing logs to print
out the right info though, not sure.  Inaky might have more ideas on how
to fix up the network service and/or driver to print out the required
information.

Dan