Unable to connect to CLEAR Boston under Fedora 14 i686

David -

Except for this morning, when we have the authentication system
down for "improvements" I think that our GENI BS at Fresh Pond
is working pretty well with the Intel MS SW.  If you could
send me the 48-bit 802 hardware address for your wmx0 interface
I could try to get that into the authentication table here.
We could try a connect while I watch the logs.  Not today, but maybe
tomorrow.

I find that the Clear service is pretty patchy.  There is a good signal
here at BBN and down Concord Ave toward Belmont.  There's also pretty
good connectivity out near the intersection of rt128 and rt3 in
Burlington.  Try it on your way home.

Inaky -

I'm interested in better-understanding the uplink power control
mechanism.  If I watch the uplink rssi that I can collect from the
base station for each MS, I can see the MS regulating something,
presumably its transmit power, as I swing a directional antenna
toward and away from the BS.  Can you suggest something I could
look at (fetch and display) in the MS stack that would indicate
what power control signalling the BS is sending?

AXM

On 2/6/2011 12:58 AM, Ward, David - 0663 - MITLL wrote:
> On 01/20/2011 04:40 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
>>
>> I'm also having issues in Boston now under Linux, but works fine under
>> Windows.  The same HW/SW config was working yesterday in Minneapolis, so
>> it's not the hardware/software, but something in wimaxd probably.  I've
>> sent logs to Inaky so we'll see what he can dig up.
>>
>> Dan
>>

> Inaky,
>
> I was in Atlanta earlier this week, and suddenly I was able to connect
> to CLEAR under both Fedora 14 32-bit and 64-bit.  So the problem in the
> Linux driver does seem to be localized to the deployment in Boston.
>
> Can someone from CLEAR determine if there is a different base station
> model, frequency, etc. used in Boston, to assist with the efforts
> debugging this?  Are there more debugging logs that I can provide you?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]