Beceem Drivers / Licensing

I grabbed the Sprint developer pack (referred to in this thread:
http://lists.linuxwimax.org/pipermail/wimax/2010-September/000970.html ) and
built / attempted to get somewhere with the driver.

I have a Ubee PXU1900 -- so it took a little massaging -- but I did get the
driver to light up the USB stick and do a network search.

I'd like to help this effort however I can -- I know the license is in
question, but I did notice that there is a MODULE_LICENSE call embedding
"GPL" as the license in the driver:

Linux/usb/Common/Bcmnet.c:MODULE_LICENSE ("GPL");

Also, the Motorola open-source release includes a portion of this driver
explicitly listed as GPL:

https://opensource.motorola.com/sf/sfmain/do/go/rel1474?returnUrlKey=1285517438090

There is a LICENSE file in the "Beceem Driver" directory containing the
boilerplate GPLv2 text.

Does anyone have a contact at Sprint/Clear/Beceem that might be able to
clarify licensing?

And is there a particular avenue that would be most helpful for me to
contribute? I'm a professional developer but am only just learning WiMAX.

dave
--
d.w. harks <dave at dwink.net>  |  http://the-daver.com |
http://geek.the-daver.com