Re: host to host usb transfer

On Tue, Oct 30 2012, Marek Floriańczyk wrote:
> So in order to use g_ether on this Linux box it should have USB
> peripheral controller, right?

UDC, USB Device Controller

> Standard PC computer has something called host controller.

HCI, Host Controller Interface

> Are there computers that have usb host controller - to connect to them
> "regular" usb devices and also usb peripheral controller, so they
> could be connected as a device to PC computer?

If by “computer” you mean a regular PC than I have never seen one that
has that out of the box, but you can buy an extension card with an UDC.

There's actually also something called USB OTG which can be used as both
host and device (depending on what it's connected to), but I've actually
never played with it.

> Right now I'm interrested in something called ebox 3350
> http://robosavvy.com/store/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/29/products_id/1704

As far as I can see, it does not have UDC.  Only HCI.

> If not can You propose some hardware similar to this, or to raspberry.
> I know my question is very vague, sorry, basically I need to run
> QtCore library, postgresql, openssl on this box.

You could take a look at Beagle Board, Beagle Bone or Panda Board.

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o