Re: host to host usb transfer

Dnia wtorek, 30 października 2012 o 13:19:26 Ming Lei napisał(a):
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Marek Floriańczyk
>
> <marek.florianczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So lets assume I have UDC and I have compiled g_ether gadget, configured
> > this and it works. How to use it?
>
> From view of OS, it is a common ethernet interface.
>
> > I mean I have Linux with this g_ether gadget that emulates eth on USB,
> > but this is still usb cable connected to it, lets assume the other
> > computer is windows (or linux) should I plug this USB cable and also
> > compile similar gadget on it? then usb cable is only medium and I have
> > two ethernet interfaces
>
> No, windows supports cdc-ether gadget or rndis ether gadget, which will
> be recognized as ethernet interface without other software involved.

So this interface is recognized on windows as his own interface? Ip on this
interface is configured as it was set by Linux box g_ether driver? And you can
connect to this ip from application on windows?

Sorry if my questions are a bit lame, but all howtos says how to configure
ether gadget on Linux, not how to use this in practice.

Does anyone know some Howto/example/description how this actually works?

best regards
Marek