Re: host to host usb transfer

Dnia poniedziałek, 29 października 2012 o 23:57:04 Michal Nazarewicz
napisał(a):
> On Mon, Oct 29 2012, Marek Floriańczyk wrote:
> > I have seen this usb-gadget subsystem before but I have never used
> > this. It looks like it could server the purpose, surely my tablet is
> > visible as an device, and it has Linux inside after all, but it is
> > also complex, and it will not be easy. I would like to make it work,
> > it would be really clean solution to my problem, however at this
> > moment it's probably to much for me.
>
> It's actually quite easy to use if you don't need to do anything
> non-standard.  If you have a device with a supported UDC (USB Device
> Controller) and all you need is Ethernet, you just need to compile the
> g_ether gadget (either built-in or as a module which you load) and
> you're pretty much all set.  Similarly for serial which Alan suggested.

Hello

I thought about this yesterday.
There is something I don't quite understand.

So lets assume I have UDC and I have compiled g_ether gadget, configured this
and it works. How to use it?
I mean I have Linux with this g_ether gadget that emulates eth on USB, but
this is still usb cable connected to it, lets assume the other computer is
windows (or linux) should I plug this USB cable and also compile similar
gadget on it? then usb cable is only medium and I have two ethernet interfaces
on both ends, or is this something totally different?

best regards
Marek