Re: Designware USB OTG driver upstream questions

Hello,
01.02.2012 6:18, Loh Tien Hock:
Hi Nikolai,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, ozlabs patchwork code is refactored from synopsys version, as far
as I understand. Are you referring to the parameter OTG_EN_DED_TX_FIFO

Well, this exact name does not seem to appear in either sysnopsys nor apm version, so maybe you are referring to some internal or intermediate version. The name looks like it is relevant though.

in the configuration? If that's the case, the core in our platform
does uses dedicated FIFO.

That quite explains why the driver works for you.

In sysnopsys version there is a en_multiple_tx_fifo module parameter (labeled "Dedicated Non Periodic Tx FIFOs 0=disabled 1=enabled"), so you could force it to 0 even if your core would normally allow (and default to) 1. Having such parameter is exellent for testing/debugging BTW. Now, in apm version (ozlabs patchwork) this module parameter has somehow vanished, but searching for "en_multiple_tx_fifo" in the code would still give you sufficient input for some testing without the use of dedicated FIFOs (that is, if you were going to make sure the driver is not broken, but do not have all various sorts of hardware implementation by hand).

Thank you.
Nikolai

Thanks.