RE: Designware USB OTG driver upstream questions

Hi,

I'm currently working on a board that uses the Designware USB OTG IP, and our company wishes to have the driver integrated to the Linux kernel, and will be working on it.

Referring to this thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/53348/focus=53913

I understand that Olof and Greg suggested that the code needs a major overhaul, preferably a rewrite.
Is there any potential of the current code being updated and fixed accordingly and gets accepted?
If that's not the case, is the main issue blocking the integration to the kernel the code being bloated and untested?

I'm trying to understand the problem so that we could get the driver for the IP integrated to the Linux kernel, either by a rewrite or a good amount of refactoring to the existing patch/code.

Thanks in advance.

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.