Re: Designware USB OTG driver upstream questions

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 02:40:16PM +0800, Tien Hock Loh wrote:
> Hi Olof,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I'm still new to this, but from your experience, is there still an
> acceptable chance of the existing driver to get accepted?
> We're trying to evaluate the best way to get this integrated, without
> spending time into working on things that is less valuable. Yes, the
> code might not get "any worse" by doing refactoring on it, but I might
> just bite the bullet and rewrite if the code has too slim chances of
> getting integrated.
>
> The main thing is that I seek is both yours and Greg's opinion on how
> much potential you see in the current patch/code, since you're the go
> to guy to Linux USB. If there's not much potential in the current
> code, I will talk to my colleagues and potentially rewrite the code,
> after some planning I do with my colleagues.

I honestly don't remember what the code looks like (I see hundreds, if
not thousands of patches every week).  Care to just post it again, for
drivers/staging/ and we can take it from there?

<snip>

> Confidentiality Notice.
> This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.

Note, footers like this are totally incompatible with contributing to
Linux, please remove them from your email system if you ever send a
patch.

thanks,

greg k-h