Re: GadgetFS as a composite function

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 03:26:17AM +0100, ext Rajaram R wrote:
Just to get some more insights, in case of MTP with more activity
happening on userland ( like DRM, database) will it be more beneficial
to keep things in userland ?

the mtp stack, yes, but kernel can provide the usb function driver which would allow userland to not care about the transport layer, right ?

the biggest issue I see with mtp is how to handle the several class specific requests which need information from userland and how to pass the async events from kernel to userland.

would a sysfs be enough ? I guess not, it wouldn't look pretty, I guess.

--
balbi