RE: PATCH Prevent spi-dw write transaction split

On 21Nov18 I said:
> Hi Tend, We'll re-explore the GPIO as SPI CS, probably be next week.
> Hopefully this time we'll be more successful. I'll update after we'll have the retry results.
My update is:
I am told that we have already existing designs (in production and in the field),
where the GPIO which has been selected during the board design are those
that the CycloneV internal DesignWare (SPI) is using as it's Chip-Select.
So on these boards we face the Chip-Select drop issue upon FIFO underflow and
must have our suggested software patch.
While on some other designs where other general GPIOs has been selected,
cs-gpios can be defined in device-tree and there is no problem at all.
Bottom line: So for those "naïve" designs where the internal SPI dedicated gpio pins has
already  been selected as SPI chip-select, for bounded transfers (less than Tx FIFO size)
there is no other way than the suggested patch.

Gil Beniamini
Gilat Satellite Networks – Defense R&D
gilb@xxxxxxxxx
Phone: (972)-3-9252427 Fax:(972)-3-9293240

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is intended for the above named addressee(s), and may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender immediately and delete this email: you should not copy or use this e-mail for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any person.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux ARM (vger)]     [Linux ARM MSM]     [Linux Omap]     [Linux Arm]     [Linux Tegra]     [Fedora ARM]     [Linux for Samsung SOC]     [eCos]     [Linux Fastboot]     [Gcc Help]     [Git]     [DCCP]     [IETF Announce]     [Security]     [Linux MIPS]     [Yosemite Campsites]