From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Glenn" <glennervin@xxxxxxxxx>; "Speakup is a screen review system for
Linux." <speakup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: a little sysadmin story

Could probably be done with an arduino board. OCR is no easy deal
though. There's a reason why companies invest millions. You could hack
something together, however. This only really works on console screens
and console screens that don't use ncurses or something similar.
Otherwise there would have to be some kind of driver or something to
help parse out text that needs to be handled. e.g: do you just OCR an
entire screen taskbar and all on gnome?

On 10/9/2014 11:49 AM, Glenn wrote:
> I do a little of that.
> I do know a little, enough to know what is possible.
> I studied and got a HAM license a long time ago.
> Glenn

Take care,
Ty
http://tds-solutions.net
He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that
dares not reason is a slave.