Re: the push to get rid of CONFIG_VT in the kernel and the future of Speakup

But I hope you're not suggesting that losing access to boot messages in the kernel isn't a problem because we can all just get servers with lights out management. Or get jobs where you're not even in the same city as the hardware you service.

I think we should try not to say it's not a problem because it doesn't effect me. I really doubt that the majority of blind sys admins work primarily with servers with lights out managementor where the admin isn't even in the same city as the hardware. I work for the University of Wisconsin. Working for a university has an advantage for a blind systems admin in that they care more about quality than speed. There are a lot of linux systems admin jobs here. In fact, there was a position open for 6 months because they couldn't find a qualified candidate at the salary they were offering. But every one of the dozen or so jobs I've seen advertized in the past year was for an on-site guy. In fact, most of them were for jobs where you'd be the one and only linux admin.