Re: the push to get rid of CONFIG_VT in the kernel and the future of Speakup

My knowledge of this business is minimal, but I thought that one advantage of the current approach, if you can use a hardware speech synthesizer, is that you can get at least some of the boot-up messages--not as early as sighted folks get them, but well before software speech can kick in. If this is true, wouldn't the proposed change be a very builty-in reduction in non-visual access?

Al