Re: the push to get rid of CONFIG_VT in the kernel and the future of Speakup

Well Deedra-and-All, while I know next2nothing about kernels, as a user of practicly an only Linux screen-reader which I can use with my Dec-Talk U S B, on 1 large hand, durring the last 11years, I am greatful that Speakup was created, but on another hand, I really miss much of the customination which I had with Vocal-Eyes in DOS, where I could completely configure 3 different dictionaries, so I had complete controll of how characters, keystrokes, and words were read-and-pronounced. I think its been several years since YASR was updated-and-Mike was unable to get it running in my DecTalk unit. I suppose in a certain way, Emacspeak is an only other example of a non-commercial solution in Linux, as where NVDA on the windows side has received seemingly great exceptance, but in general when you have a commercial product, there are more features, more development, and certainly more interaction among users-and-staff. Quite some months ago Kirk took an informal servey of improvements which we were interested in-and-there was going to be some sort of live chatt. Thanks for listening
Hart