Re: Jupiter rocks; was Re: the push to get rid of CONFIG_VT in the kernel and the future of Speakup

Kyle: Jupiter itself is in user space, but it still depends on a kernel module called acsint for some processing. Yes it supports espeak with the help of the espeakup connector, which has a special mode called acsint mode, for working with jupiter. This feature is only available in the git version of espeakup.

Another nice kernel module made by Karl is ttyclicks, which generates clicks through the pc speaker so that one can work at the console without speech for easy tasks. Here I can for example upgrade the entire system without having to check every minute whether it has finished, I just need to notice when the clicks stop.

And yes jupiter has evolved much, I think Karl should advertise it more often. It allows for example to group a set of commands into a macro and assign it to a keystroke, it allows also to make different configuration files for each console so that you can customize the behavior of the reader for each console.

Greetings
Cleverson