Re: the push to get rid of CONFIG_VT in the kernel and the future of Speakup

Personally I would hate to see Speakup disappear.  IMHO a Linux PC is
not truly accessible if the console is not accessible.

On 08/10/2014 22:43, John G. Heim wrote:
> Huh? Not having a choice doesn't mean it's not a reduction in access.
> That logic makes no sense what so ever. I mean, you could argue that we
> are stuck with it but that doesn't mean it won't hurt.
>

> On 10/08/14 16:26, Deedra Waters wrote:
>> I dont see it as a reduction in access in all i mean i guess there is to
>> some degree but the reality is that this change in the end reguardless
>> of wether it comes in systemd or some other form is they're going to end
>> up moving the console out of the kernel if they do this, well, you wont
>> have working speech to begin with so how is it a reduction in access if
>> we have no choice in the matter?

Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

The box said: 'install Windows XP, 7 or better'. So I installed Linux

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/