Re: alternate dictionary server was Re: OT: I lost my dictionary

Charles Hallenbeck <chuckh@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> It says the initrc script will scan /etc/dict for local
> dictionaries, but on my system that directory is empty.

Chuck,
You need to install dictionaries separately from the dictd daemon in
order to run a local server.  As far as I can tell, on Arch, they have
to be built from source.  There are PKGBUILDs in the AUR.
Unfortunately, the sources are on dict.org, which isn't responding at
the moment.

As for dict.org itself, I hope the downtime is just temporary.

-- Chris