Re: alternate dictionary server was Re: OT: I lost my dictionary

Charles Hallenbeck <chuckh@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Perhaps the problem is theirs, not mine.

Yes, dict.org is down for some reason.  This includes both their web
server and their dictionary server.  So I set up a dictd of my own.
Feel free to add
server the-brannons.com
to /etc/dict/dict.conf if you wish.  I'd put it before dict.org for now,
so that you don't get long waits while the dict.org connection attempt
times out.
I'm not running this on the-brannons.com itself.  It's actually being reverse
proxied through an ssh tunnel to another box, because it was easier to install
all these dictionaries on Gentoo than Arch.  Given that, it may be
flaky, so folks probably can't rely on it.  It works for now.

-- Chris