Re: OT: I lost my dictionary

Crapple, I like that LOL! I too don't have a victor stream, and don't
plan to get one, since I'm still quite happy with my booksense XT. I
probably wouldn't have one of those either, if I wasn't able to get it
at a significant discount when GW Micro was getting rid of their demo
units a few years ago.

As for the BARD ap on Android, someone on the eyes-free list said they
were planning to release it in the Fall, but I'll believe it when I
can download and use it on my phone.

Greg

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 12:00:45PM -0400, Kyle wrote:
> LOL you're not the only blind guy in America without a Victor Stream. I
> also don't have one, and don't even feel the need, nor have the money to
> purchase something like that <smile>. In fact, I don't have a lot of the
> things that They, you kno, the They with a capital T, think we should
> have lol. No Victor, none a dem crapple apples, no specialized or
> temporarily marked up appliances, and certainly none a dat windblows and
> shark biting a CD crap. Believe it or not, My family has gone almost
> completely Linux and Linux related. Linux computers, Android phones,
> Chromebooks and Sansa players running Rockbox, all of which are working
> nicely. Yeah, it would be nice to get direct NLS downloads and to be
> able to play them on our Android phones, but They, again that's the They
> with a capital T, don't think we should have something nice like that,
> so They aren't developing it for anyone other than those who do what
> They say and get a crapple apple or a piece of specialized blindy tech.
> I also thought it would be a good idea to develop a drop-in Rockbox
> plugin that could be downloaded from the BARD website, so that we could
> use off-the-shelf Sansa players to play books, but again, They with a
> capital T don't think we should be using such things I guess. But then
> again, I've always been one to buck the system, fight the power and use
> mostly off-the-shelf products wherever possible, and adapt them using
> free and open source technology if they don't already have it.
> ~Kyle
> http://kyle.tk/
> --
> "Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"
> Out of This World, season 2 episode 21 - "The Amazing Evie"

web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1

Free domains: http://www.eu.org/ or mail dns-manager@xxxxxx