Re: [RFC] Generic InfiniBand transport done in software

> No. PIO and SDMA is driver specific and lives in the driver. Rdmavt has no
> concept of this. I'm agreeing that the send will be generic and have no hw
> specific stuff.

I understand that PIO/SDMA are not a concept of RVT. However, making
the send from RVT to driver exactly as the interface from ib_core to
RVT raises the question: What exactly do we achieve by this?

> As I've stated a number of times across multiple threads: It must not do
> anything that would prevent another driver from using it.

The question is not how Soft RoCE fits into this framework but how
does this framework achieve its goals.

> I expect feedback based on the code submissions. More will be coming
> shortly. I have taken all the feedback from the first post and will be
> sending a v2 shortly.

Again, I have no idea about the complete interfaces between both
pieces of the suggested solution.
- If you have them then please publish
- if you don't but plan to have them then why did you submit a half baked idea
- If you say that final interface is what we see now then I say that
the problem of code duplication isn't going to be resolved
So, what it is from the 3?