Re: Resurrect DOSEMU

I am hoping that whatever is decided, that the result is an emulator that works properly in a 64 bit, particularly AMD, environment. I have an old reliable accounting package which I rely on, that crashes with op code errors under the 64 bit environment.

I have given up sometime ago with running it under x86_64,and have resorted to using another machine with 32 bit hardware and OS just so I can run the accounting package via a remote ssh session. I have been using Fedora Linus, but recently tried a Ubuntu linux (64 bit) and have the same problem.

I think I tried DOSbox, but I remember a show-stopper, maybe lack of printer support.

DOS emulation is not just for running games. There are legacy business packages such as the one I use, that require a good emulator. These packages were typically written in assembly language. In my case, switching to a modern accounting package is not a just a matter of the cost of software. The greater cost is the huge amount of time I would need to spend to manually convert about 10 business general ledgers to a new accounting package.

Fred