Re: printing

Vedran Vucic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I corrected as  you mentioned dosemu started normally. I entered
> my DOS application and tried toprint, but in terminal I have seen
> error message that pcl6 command is not found.
> Any suggestion? Any link or slink needed for that purpose?  Is there
> any path tweaking required?

You wrote before You build ghostpdl package itself.
Was compiled properly?

Was properly installed?

Is pcl6 binary runnable?

Is pcl6 binary in PATH in dosemu environment? (when no, you can specify
absolute path, e.g. $_lpt1='/my/path/pcl6 ...

You should probably in this phase tune both things, dosemu and
pcl6/ghostpdl, separately:

1) in dosemu.conf lpt specification configure output to normal file:

$_lpt1='cat >/tmp/x.pcl'

and verify that file "/tmp/x.pcl" is rightly created and is in PCL format.

2) verify that pcl6 command work right by manually creating postscript
file from previous PCL:

pcl6 -sDEVICE=pswrite -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -sOutputFile=x.ps x.pcl

and again verify that file "/tmp/x.pcl" is rightly created and is in
postscript format

3) verify this postscript file printing:

lpr -P Laserprinter x.ps

When all this steps works, You can set final "$_lpt1='....'" command in
dosemu.conf, as you have now.

!!ATTENTION!! Sorry for mistake in all my previous mails: I incorrectly
specify "-sDEVICE=" parameter to "pdfwrite", which is obviously bad (I
clipboard copy this from my cfg, where I use pcl6 to create PDF
documents from DOS print output).
Right parameter value should be "pswrite":

$_lpt1='pcl6 -sDEVICE=pswrite -dNOPAUSE -sPAPERSIZE=a4
-sOutputFile="|lpr -P YourPrinter1" -'

FH