Re: printing

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 02:30, Vedran Vucic <vedran.vucic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I printed from Dosemu before in earlier versions.  Thus, I do not
> think that there is compatibility issue.
> When I want my DOS application to print on screen it creates .prn
> file. Indeed, I would be happy if I could print that .prn file to my
> printer :)
> I do notr have so7uce of that application. Otherwise, I would publish it.
>
> Best wishes,
>

> Vedran
>

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Ivan Baldo <ibaldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>    Hello.
>>    That file that you attached seems unrelated to the problem.
>>    If the "cat" commands don't work then we can exclude CUPS from the
>> problem, the way that the program prints seems to not be compatible with
>> DOSEmu.
>>    From my part, I don't know what else to suggest :-(.
>>    Do you have the source code of the program? Can you see exactly how it
>> prints?
>>    Good luck!!!
>> P.s.: maybe you can try to use QEmu-KVM or Virtual Box or VMWare or another
>> virtualization technology to run DOS and the program.
>>

>> El 20/11/10 18:49, Vedran Vucic escribió:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> When I tried to print I checked  .var/spool/cups and I attached file
>>> which may be helpful.
>>> As far asI see dosemu gives it to cups but cups does not print it.
>>> INdeed, I print normally from other applications and dosemu itself.
>>> Maybe it requires some change of format in order to get it printed out?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Vedran

>> --
>> Ivan Baldo - ibaldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://ibaldo.codigolibre.net/
>> From Montevideo, Uruguay, at the south of South America.
>> Freelance programmer and GNU/Linux system administrator, hire me!
>> Alternatives: ibaldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://go.to/ibaldo
>>

> --

Maybe you have permissions issues with the other suggestions? Try this
in your configuration:

$_lpt1 = "cat >> ~/dosemu.lpt1"
$_lpt2 = "cat >> ~/dosemu.lpt2"
$_lpt3 = "cat >> ~/dosemu.lpt3"

Now if it's still not working, either 1) there is an issue with
editing the dosemu configuration 2) there is an issue with the DOS
application.

Are you using per-user dosemu config or systemwide? Try to make both
the same if in doubt.
--
Med Vennlig Hilsen,

A. Helge Joakimsen