Re: i.mx6 camera interface (CSI) and mainline kernel

On 06/10/2016 08:58 AM, Jack Mitchell wrote:

> <snip>
>

>> Hi all, I need a few more days. I would like to bring in the video-switch
>> subdev from Pengutronix, which will replace the platform data set_video_mux
>> method. Also re-org the device-tree to better define all the possible
>> hardware
>> connections, and split out mx6-encode.c into mx6-smfc and mx6-ic subdevs.
>> Once this is done we should have a better base for adding media control
>> later. I should have this done by end of this week.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> Hi Steve,
>
> Just a heads up that I've also tested and confirmed partially working support on a sabrelite + mipi ov5640. The two gotchas I came across were dma_allocations fail in the higher resolutions (4x1080p
> buffers), a limit may need to be upped somewhere, the code says it should be able to handle up to 64MB? Secondly I can't get the 5MP resolution by default as in ov5640_find_nearest_mode, the array
> ov5640_mode_info_data is hard coded to 0.

Hi Jack, the ov5640 native 5MP (2592x1944) mode is only available at 15 fps, but
the default framerate is 30. So to allow the 5MP mode, set to 15 fps beforehand
with a call to vidioc_s_parm.

> I gave your v2 branch a quick whirl also but it fails to compile.

Yes, the v2 branch is the WIP I mentioned above. Making good progress and
hope to have a patchset to post in a few days.

Steve