Re: i.mx6 camera interface (CSI) and mainline kernel

Update.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 12:49:43PM +0100, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We use a custom imx6 based board with a canera sensor on it.
> I have written the driver for the camera sensor, based on
> the freescale so-called "3.10" and even "3.14" linux versions.
>
> The camera works perfectly, but we would like to switch to
> a mainline kernel for all the usual reasons (including being
> able to contribute our fixes).
>
> >From an old mail thread (*), I have found two git repositories
> that used to contain not-yet-approved versions of mainline
> imx6 ipu-v3 drivers :
>
> git://git.pengutronix.de/git/pza/linux.git test/nitrogen6x-ipu-media
> https://github.com:slongerbeam/mediatree.git, mx6-camera-staging
>
> I have tried to compile them with the imx_v6_v7_defconfig, but both
> fail directly at compile time. because of later changes in the
> v4l2_subdev infrastructure, not ported to the those branches.

What I wrote is true for Steve Longerbeam's branch, but for Philipp Zabel's
branch the problem (so far) was only that CONFIG_MEDIA_CONTROLLER
is not defined in imx_v6_v7_defconfig, but is required for a succesfull
compilation of Philipp's tree.